I Heart Faces~Best Photo of 2010

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Lost Art of Real Cooking ~ Book Review

The Lost Art of Real Cooking
By: Ken Albala and Rosanna Nafziger
Jason gave me this wonderful book for Christmas and I find myself reading it all the time.  If you are someone who has to follow a detailed recipe, then this book may not be the best fit.  However, if you are the type who just kind of throws things together and has a yummy meal, then this book is for you.  The Lost Art of Real Cooking is like being told a story rather than following a formula.  So far my endevours mostly revolve around bread.  Currently, I am feeding my own Sourdough starter and perfecting homemade pizza dough.  I've also gotten better at roasting.  I made Cornish Game Hens for the first time and homemade gravy.  Next I want to tackle making my own butter and cheeses.  And yes, there is a chapter on fermented beverages.  Soon I'll be making psychic love wine and beer.  So if you want to take a step back in time and make your foods more naturally, then you will enjoy this book.  Happy reading and cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment