I Heart Faces~Best Photo of 2010

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

If you can't say something nice...

...don't say anything at all. When I was teaching, my classroom revolved around a wonderful little book "Have you Filled a Bucket Today," by, Carol McCloud (https://www.bucketfillers101.com/home.html). It is a wonderful story about how we all carry around an invisible bucket. When someone is kind to you, your bucket is filled. But when something hurtful happens, your bucket is empty. So you can make a choice to be a "Bucket Filler" or a "Bucket Dipper." My daily goal is to be a bucket filler, but it is hard to not dip back when someone is hurtful. This is something I'm going to work on, despite the fact that people may never change or even say "you can't expect me to change." I can choose to move forward and look for the positive. I have to choose this in order to be a good role model for my daughter. If you get a chance, visit the website listed above. They have some great resources and even a book for younger children.

"Let no evil talk come out of your mouths, but only what is useful for building up, as there is need, so that your words may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with which you were marked with a seal for the day of redemption. Put away from you all bitterness and wrath and anger and wrangling and slander, together with all malice, and be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ has forgiven you." ~ Ephesians 29-32

No comments:

Post a Comment