I Heart Faces~Best Photo of 2010

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Emiy Post

When I graduated from high school a family friend gave me a wonderful book, Emily Post's Etiquette guide.  At the time I was not very interested in the book.  But my friend Ann, who was 32 at the time knew how beneficial this book would be to me.  She told me that I would soon enter the age of weddings, parties and hosting.  She said that this book was very helpful to her and thought every "young lady" should have a copy.  Now as a 17 year old, I heard her words go in one ear and out the other.  But she was right!  I cannot tell you how many times I have flipped through this book when I was planning our wedding, writing thank you notes and hosting dinners.  The 17th edition has been released and I am tempted to get the newer edition.  I am curious how rules have changed with emails, blogs and facebook.  Now that I am close to 32 years old, I see that Ann had great insight as a perfect gift for a graduating senior in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment