I'm lucky because Emma always takes her afternoon nap during Oprah, so I have a chance to have some time to myself.
Today on Oprah they are talking about the American diet and where our food comes from. They made a good point, pay more for healthy food now or pay later for health care. I personally choose to spend a little more on my food since in the long run I'll be a healthier person. I am couponing, but I'm still buying healthy foods. Oprah talked to Author Michael Pollan and he has several rules when it comes to picking foods.
1. Don't eat anything your grandmother wouldn't recognize
2. Avoid food products containing ingredients that a third grader could not pronounce
3. Eat only food that will eventually rot
4. Eat all the junk food you want as long as you cook it yourself
5. Only eat meat that's eating well itself
Oprah also has Alicia Silverstone on who has a new book "The Kind Diet." She has embraced the vegan diet and feels great. Pretty much, no meat, dairy or processed foods. She now says she feels her best and looks her best.
I'm always looking for new ways to eat better and feel better, so I'm open to improvement. Maybe I'll go back to work just so I can eat a carrot from Whole Foods once a month.