I Heart Faces~Best Photo of 2010

Friday, January 1, 2010

Good vs. Great

When I was pregnant, people would tell me I was going to be a great mom. I was flattered by this statement, but then began to think what does being great mean. Instead, I thought, what about being good. Is good settling for less than perfect? Everyday phrases like good job, good morning are perfectly wonderful terms; so why great?

After God created the world, he describe it as being good. When the woman brought an alabaster jar of expensive oil and poured it on Jesus' head, she was described as "performing a good service." The servants who doubled their master's money were described as "good and faithful servants." And most importantly, when the angel let the shepherds know of Jesus' birth, he described it as "good news of great joy for all the people."

So my hope as a mother, is to be good. To show Emma the good news of Jesus. Help her learn the importance of faithfulness and service. And to embrace joy and love for all people.

No comments:

Post a Comment